Cocoon (5-300 tons)
GrainPro Flood Protected Self-Verifying Cocoon™ (SVC) is an affordable, Ultra Hermetic™ gastight storage designed for organic-use and the long-term storage of agricultural commodities. A unit can store from five to 300 metric tonnes for a year with very minimal loss – typically, less than 1%.
Because its Ultra Hermetic, users can modify the internal atmosphere of the SVC to create a low oxygen, high CO2 environment. Its thick, UV-resistant Poly-Vinyl Chloride (PVC) liner blocks moisture and oxygen from coming in. This in turn kills insect and arrest fungal growth of Aflatoxins development in the commodities. The process requires no chemicals, instead, relies on the respiration of insects and microorganisms to reduce oxygen to unbreathable levels.
It also comes with two control ports that allow convenient monitoring of oxygen and relative humidity inside the SVC. Grain samples can be withdrawn from the control ports on the side and inspection port at the top.
Finally, the SVC is able to withstand floods up to its zipper line and protect stored commodities against rodents. Each unit has a 10 to 15-year useful lifespan and a five year international warranty.
- Preserves grain quality for long periods of storage
- Safe and organic, SVC needs no chemicals
- Easy to install and needs no additional infrastructure or equipment
- Weather-resistant and UV-protected (could be used indoors or outdoors)
- Inhibits aflatoxin growth and suffocates pests and insects
- Allows users to check oxygen and relative humidity levels
- Easy to maintain and repair
- 10 to 15-year life span